Skip to main content

Hi! My friends and I have been waiting for the release of the train tickets for our trip in December, but there are still no tickets yet… Anyone knows whether the train operates around Christmas period? We are intending to travel from Paris to Rome. Any advice will be appreciated, thank you :)

Some advice :

Trains will definitely run every day. Bookings will soon open. SNCF released tickets on Wednesday and Trenitalia will likely do so in the coming days or weeks (they're always late).

The direct route Paris - Milan is closed due to a landslide. It won't open until next summer at the earliest.

The best option is to go via Switzerland (Geneva, Bern or Zurich) : it doesn't take much longer and it is very scenic. Feel free to ask some advice about this route, mentioning travel date if possible.

It is also possible to go via Nice but it takes longer so I'd recommend stopping for a night there (or taking the night train !).

Last question : do you have a Eurail Pass or are you looking to book regular tickets ?