Solved

travel day

• 21 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, do I need to add something for the 29th? I was in assumption that this trip from Prague to Zurich would take up 2 travel days as it crosses 24:00. Without adding anything on 29th leaves me 6/7 travel days. Although I plan to take trains to Lucerne/ Titlis on 29th so either ways that will take up that day I guess?? Please let me know thanks. 

icon

Best answer by ralderton 21 April 2024, 11:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It only uses a day on the day of departure, the 28th. 

As long as you board a train before midnight, you can travel as far as the train goes.

When you add more journeys on the 29th, they will use another travel day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's not a good idea to activate your pass or any travel days in advance. Just do that shortly before you board the first train of the day. That minimises the chance for mistakes. It's not a good idea either to activate a travel day without adding any trains, which you seem to have done here. When the pass needs to activate a travel day, it will ask for your confirmation to do so.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It's not a good idea to activate your pass or any travel days in advance. Just do that shortly before you board the first train of the day. That minimises the chance for mistakes. It's not a good idea either to activate a travel day without adding any trains, which you seem to have done here. When the pass needs to activate a travel day, it will ask for your confirmation to do so.

Hi @rvdborgt thanks. I thought I already added the train here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rvdborgt thanks. I thought I already added the train here? 

In your screenshot, Monday 29 April is an activated travel day without any train added.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @rvdborgt thanks. I thought I already added the train here? 

In your screenshot, Monday 29 April is an activated travel day without any train added.

@rvdborgt thanks for pointing it out. I have canceled the travel day. Although I have plans to go to Lucerne/ my titli on that day but as you mentioned, by when should I activate the travel day?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt thanks for pointing it out. I have canceled the travel day. Although I have plans to go to Lucerne/ my titli on that day but as you mentioned, by when should I activate the travel day?  

Shortly before you board the first train of the day.

If you don't have data roaming, either using the wifi at the station (if there's any) or the wifi at the place where you stay.