Skip to main content
Solved

Trying to find night train to Prague for 19/7

• 28 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to find tickets for sleeper train to Prague from Karlsruhe or some place near that.

And I can’t quite find any available tickets for sleeper cabins, there’s only tickets for couchettes.

Is this because all the tickets are sold out or there’s possibility for me to find tickets few days later? Thx

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are only couchettes available on that day. Night trains are very popular and can sell out weeks in advance. Sleepers on 17th and 20th July.

Check availability and book on nightjet.com (no booking fee and clearer overview) : add Interrail/Eurail as a discount.

If you'd like a sleeper on 19th July, there is one space available on the Zurich - Prague night train for 45€ (3-people compartment). I assume that you'd be coming from Paris ?

In any case book ASAP. Do not hesitate for questions.

Yes ur right. I’m coming from Paris and going to meet my family in Prague. In order to catch up the booked hotel it would be better for me to arrive in 20/7. Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah, then you basically have those 2 options on 19th July afternoon/evening.

OPTION 1

- TGV Paris-Est - Offenburg/Freiburg 17:25 - 20:26 20€ or Paris-Est - Karlsruhe 17:55 - 20:25 17€

- EN from Freiburg, Offenburg (for a longer night) or Karlsruhe to Prague 49€ couchette

OPTION 2

- TGV Paris Gare de Lyon - Mulhouse 16:22 - 19:03 10€

- TER Mulhouse - Basel SBB 19:16 - 19:40

- IC3 Basel SBB - Zürich HB 20:03 - 21:00

- EN Zürich HB - Praha hl.n. 21:40 - 10:38 45€ sleeper

I’m also wondering why that the price is said to be 34euros on the website, but it appears to be 49euro for a 6bed couchettes place.

And whether I buy a first class pass or second class one, it doesn’t effect anything about this ride right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Interrail/Eurail doesn't show availability (until you've bought a pass) nor the correct prices... I guess you've seen one of their many out-of-date pages, this one maybe -> https://www.eurail.com/en/plan-your-trip/about-reservations/reservation-fees/night-train-reservation-fees

nightjet.com is the best place to book as it is the website of the operator ÖBB. (You could also use tickets.oebb.at). They'll also be able to contact you directly in case.

No difference between a 1st and 2nd class pass for most night trains. Only in some countries single sleepers can be bought with a 1st class pass only.

But with a 1st class pass on daytime trains you get better seats, less crowded carriages + free optional seat reservations in Germany, Austria, Czechia and some other countries through ÖBB.