Solved

Unused Global Pass

• 21 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Last year I bought a -50% 10-day pass valid until the end of May, but I had to cancel my trip. So I have not activated the pass. Can I transfer it to another person or is it gone?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 21 April 2024, 16:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Usually the 50% reduction means you can’t refund the pass, but you have to check the specific terms of the one you bought. Sometimes they can.

If it’s refundable, you will lose 15%, or you can exchange for a new pass for €15. (I’m almost certain you can’t transfer the pass to somebody else)

https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

The refund and exchange conditions which apply to Promo Passes varies from promotion to promotion. Some may be non-refundable and / or non-exchangeable whilst others may be exchangeable with or without further cost. In all cases, the option to refund and / or exchange a Promo Pass will be stated explicitly in the offer, order confirmation email and payment confirmation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

AFAIK there was no -50% promo last year. The Black Friday sale was -25% and passes have to activated by 1 June. Also, these passes have the standard refund and exchange conditions. To be sure, check the invoice in the confirmation mail you received.