Solved

why not have physical *and* mobile pass

• 28 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Why doesn't interrail give you the option to also access the app for free when you pay a supplement to get the physical pass? It seems so nonsensical. Every national railway service lets you print your tickets and also have them in their app for free.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 28 June 2023, 15:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Why doesn't interrail give you the option to also access the app for free when you pay a supplement to get the physical pass? It seems so nonsensical. Every national railway service lets you print your tickets and also have them in their app for free.

to prevent fraud :) Either yo have pass on your phone :) or you have the pass in “CIV Format” (International ticket format) attached to a passcover. Normal railcompanies issue the tickets for a specific journey :) and not like the Railpass for whole of Europe :) It could happen that several persons use the same pass on diferent trains :) To prevent that fraud all Companies that are part of Eurail decided for this curent process :) to decide either you have the Digital pass or the paper pass :) 

If you are unsure because of your phone just have a powerbank or switch to paper :) Both have their advantages and disadvantages 

My last 2 mobile passes convinced me for the mobile one :) As i was scared from the app aswell. But in fact it all worked. And yes my pass was even few seconds gone “closeing the app” not just “Homebutton” and restarting it solved it within 10sec.