Solved

2/2 Outbound taken due to delay on the first day

• 30 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey everybody,

following situation:

Mobile Global Pass for 5 days.

Booked a seat on ICE 502 21:38 from Berlin to Hamburg 23:33 (29.07.). The train had a 110min delay. We arrived at Hamburg at around 01:04 (30.07.). The app requested the first inbound/outbound journey.

We originally had a seat reservation for a train 390 at 23:56 (29.07.) to Kopenhagen arriving 06:50 (30.07.).

But we were stuck in Hamburg and could continue at 09:43 30.07. (with several changes) to Kopenhagen with arrival at 16:03 30.07.

The interrail app requested a second inbound/outbound journey to be able to book the train.

Now I am worried, what will happen when I will travel back home on 14.08. from Stockholm to Berlin. I guess that the app will request another inbound/outbound journey. Which will not be possible.

Am I correct to be concerned?

What can I do?

Is there a way to somehow cancel the first outbound?

Any suggestions?

Thabks for any help!

Kind regards, Sebastian

icon

Best answer by reckseba 31 July 2022, 12:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I guess you should have used the original ticket for the train leaving Hamburg at 29/7 23.56 when you travelled on the 30/7 and not enterred the new journeys.

You need to ask Customer Support if they can give you a new inbound journey. Use the form below and describe your problem. It is important that you write that you are currently travelling. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

DB Staff can give you help. You should have ask yesterday at arrival for help from DB Info (at Hamburg HBF it is open 24h), they can give you a paper so you don’t need a new outbound/inbound. You can also ask train staff before entering the train telling what is going on and 99% of the cases they will accept. 

Please keep in mind IC Hamburg-Kopenhagen is reservation compulsory, ask DB to give you a new reservation for free. 

Or use RE trains to Flensburg and from there IC trains to Fredericia in Denmark (reservation optional) and from there many IC trains to Copenhagen. 

P.S. normally the DB staff on ICE ask for people that have connecting trains, did they do nothing?

Finally I wrote an email to customerservice@eurail.com and handed in the official document, that the train was late (which I got in Hamburg at midnight the very day) and screenshots of my trip status. Then they added one extra travel day and another in-/outbound journey. I'm good now.

On the trip itself, they did nothing. They said, go to the info point, they will help. Which they did not.

All trains to Kopenhagen via Flensburg and Fredericia were pretty packed but we were able to board even without a seat reservation.

Tricky was the High Speed Train to Stockholm. Here we asked very kindly right at the start, if they could do anything, because we have had a reservation for an earlier one. And they gave us a seat right on the spot. A service I have definitely never experienced in any german train before :D

Happy traveling