Solved

3 Day pass - France - Lyon to Marseille to Paris - January 2023 - No Seats Available

• 31 October 2022
  • 6 replies

I’ve purchased the 3 day pass for my family of 4 to visit Paris in December/January.  I’m able to see and reserve seats for the first leg of our trip, that is from Paris to Lyon.  I have “Included in Pass” selected as  search filter. 

However, when I try to search seats for the second leg (Lyon to Marseille on 1/3/2023, and then Marseille back to Paris on 1/5/2023), I get the error:

“Prices unavailable
No price results were found. Pass holder reservations may be sold out for this connection, but there are other ways to check for available seats—more info below our timetable.”

This happens for every possible schedule I search, and I’ve included all potential train types.  Is this because all seats on all trains are truly already sold out?  Or is there something else going on?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 31 October 2022, 23:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, 

I suggest to look at other websites to book the reservations. Eurail.com reservation service is sometimes struggling.

For trains inside France you can reserve TGV services via travel.b-europe

https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish 4 EUR booking fee on top - you need a pass cover number, you can get it here: 

Keep also in mind, that booking is only possible some months before traveling. You can check the website of the train company if the bookings are opened yet. (in your case https://www.sncf-connect.com/en-en/

Thank you Angelo!  I got a pass cover number, and went to search for the trains on the travel.b-europe site as suggested.  For the Lyon to Marseille, I get this pop-up error next to every train:  

Is there any way to know when/if this might open up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There seems to be some problem with reservations at the SNCF website as well so you just have to wait until SNCF has solved their IT-problem.

Ok, thanks for the heads up Anna.  I suppose I’ll just keep checking back periodically.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There seems to be some problem with reservations at the SNCF website as well so you just have to wait until SNCF has solved their IT-problem.

The problem is probably that reservations from 3 January onwards are not open yet; they can be booked from 9 November.

The problem is probably that reservations from 3 January onwards are not open yet; they can be booked from 9 November.

Thank you.  It is odd that they would not call this out on the Eurail or the Travel.b-Europe websites.