Skip to main content

Currently in Amsterdam and about to use my pass for the first time. I noticed at the station you need a ticket to scan at the turnstiles to access the platforms. Is this where I scan the QR for that day in my pass? Also I need to buy a supplement, can I do that on the train??

Your QR-code might work at gates, otherwise ask staff and they'll open the gates for you :)

For which route do you need a supplement ? If it is the IC to Brussels there is no surcharge. The app is wrong about that

The QR code should work for the gates. I've used it many times. Only gates with a scanner will work and these have a glass plate. In Amsterdam Centraal station, all gates should have a scanner, but that is not necessarily so at all Dutch stations.

If you're still seeing warnings about a required supplement, then please update your app.

Thank you! The supplement is coming up for the IC Rotterdam to Antwerp leg. The app is on automatic updates so I can see it updated last week. 

Also the original journey I had for Amsterdam to Bruges saved in My Trip is now not showing in the planner. Does this mean it’s no longer available?

The planner isn't exactly reliable. Use bahn.de to see if your train runs

If you have an iPhone, then you're indeed still on version 30.2.0; I supposed it's waiting to be released or something. Android version 30.3.0 was released a few days ago and the supplement has disappeared again there.