I have purchased a 15 day Eurail Global Pass (4 persons, 2 adults, 2 kids), that I intend to use during my upcoming trip to Europe starting next week (arriving on 14th June in France). I have added the pass in the Rail Planner app and have also added most of my planned journeys in a “Trip” (but have not linked the Trip to the Global Pass, with a fear of activating/wasting the days too early, as I don’t know how it works).
This is my first trip to Europe (visiting France, Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands (via night stay at Munich) and Denmark) so have a couple of basic queries regarding the use of my Pass:
- Can I link my Trip to Global Pass on the app even now (without activating the pass), when my first journey by train is on 18th June to Switzerland?
- How (& when) the app will deduct my first (& subsequent) day off the Pass? I mean when I link the Pass to the trip OR when I scan the QR Code when boarding the train OR is there another way?
- If I buy any tickets from individual railway websites, how can I add them to my Rail Planner app? Or is it even required (as I need to activate the Pass for that Day?
- I have installed the Rail Planner app on my phone only. Do I need to do it on my wife’s phone as well?
- I would be using the pass to board the special trains in Switzerland as well, like the Bernina, Glacier Pass or the included Ferries in Interlaken etc. So will I need to make ‘free’ reservations on these from their respective websites & then add them on my Rail Planner app or I just keep the PDF file in my phone? Or just simply show them the Pass?
- Where (& how) to find any regional buses included in the Global Pass, and then add them to the app (if required)?
- Do I need to get hard copy of the tickets anywhere during my trip? Or the phone app will suffice?
- Do I need to keep any specific documents with me for travel besides/Passport? Like Photos, Passport copies etc?
Best answer by rvdborgtView original