Solved

Activation 4 greeks island pass?

• 22 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hey

I bought a 4 days Greek Island pass. I just booked my 2nd ferry (we take this on the 5th of september) & 3th ferry (we take this on the 7th of september) at the site of Blue Star Ferries. I still hesitate about the hours for my first ferry (we take this on the 3th of september), but I'm planning to book this within a few days. Now I read at the site that you have to book the ferry's in the order you take them. Is what I do wrong? What can I do to fix this?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 August 2022, 20:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where do you read that? Do you have a URL? That seems strange to me.

I forgot about this and now I’m not able to book my ferry on the 3th of september :( Can you help me out? I would be so gratefull!!!

Like how can you deactivate when your pass is a paper pass? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Like how can you deactivate when your pass is a paper pass? 

A paper Interrail pass cannot be deactivated. You have to indicate a start date when you buy it and you can't change it.

And how do you indicate a start date? Is this by booking your first ferry at the website of Blue Star Ferries?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You indicate a start date when you buy the Greek Islands Pass and that date is then printed on the pass.

But I see now they've invented a new, clumsy second activation that is determined by the bookings on the Blue Star Ferries website. I can understand the reasons behind that but I don't understand why it's done in the current, clumsy way.

Please complain to Interrail about that. It should be perfectly possible to book ferries in a random order, as long as they're not more than a month apart for the same pass cover number.

This is all very new. It was not there yet on 4 July (unfortunately I can't get the snapshot of 6 August to show; it switches back to July) and introduced without any warning, as far as I can see. If you bought your pass before this as introduced, these new rules legally cannot be applicable.

@Claudi. Will this be made more traveller-friendly? If not, be prepared for a lot more support requests.