Solved

Adding/deleting journeys after departure

• 8 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Is it possible to add/delete journeys from the Pass after the journey has started? And what about after it has finished?

Reason for asking is that I was originally intending to take the Eurostar from St. Pancras to Amsterdam, and I bought a passholder reservation for that journey.

My plans have now changed and I would like to get off the Eurostar early in Brussels. As I understand it this might not technically be allowed but in practice should be OK because there aren’t ticket checks on arrival. I don’t want to change the passholder reservation because there is a charge for doing that.

However, if I change the journey in my Pass to say Brussels instead of Amsterdam it won’t match the passholder reservation. And if I leave it as Amsterdam I can’t add the next train I am going to take from Brussels because it leaves before the Eurostar has arrived in Amsterdam (i.e. it overlaps).

So what I was thinking was to leave the journey in the Pass as Amsterdam until I arrive in Brussels, then delete it and add the same Eurostar train but from London to Brussels instead, which will then allow me to add my onward journey from Brussels.

Will this work? Or is there a better way?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ralderton 8 April 2024, 21:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, this is fine. You can edit trips in the past, to reflect the trains you actually took, rather than the ones you planned to take. 

I frequently do this, and edit trip planner while on the train. You just need to make sure you have a valid itinerary to show the guard, although as long as you have any journey valid for today, you’ll get a QR code.

For the Eurostar specifically, just get off at Brussels. Don’t ask for permission, or somebody might invent a reason to say no!

i would do the same as you. Edit the planner after you arrive in Brussels.

Yes, this is fine. You can edit trips in the past, to reflect the trains you actually took, rather than the ones you planned to take. 

I frequently do this, and edit trip planner while on the train. You just need to make sure you have a valid itinerary to show the guard, although as long as you have any journey valid for today, you’ll get a QR code.

For the Eurostar specifically, just get off at Brussels. Don’t ask for permission, or somebody might invent a reason to say no!

i would do the same as you. Edit the planner after you arrive in Brussels.

That’s great, thank you!