Advice on a trip from London to Paris

• 12 March 2023
  • 3 replies

We are traveling some time in April we already have the dates of our upcoming trip. 

we are staying a week in London. We wanted to go to Paris on one of the days we are staying. I searched up train options and the best one we saw was eurails [if better options on a budget please share ] 

I manage to click our destination on the website and to make reservation I download the app But does anyone know how to set up and get our passes ?

I want to book our pass, how do we do that ? And how do we attached them to the app for destination dates? We wanted to go in the morning and leave at night I have already saved our trips in the app but I haven’t been able to moved further. Do I attach our pass to let us reserve for those dates ? Also very important we are not from the UK what document do we need to have at our disposal if they ask ? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It seems that you are only taking the train between London and Paris (return). If that is the case, a Eurail pass won't be worth it. You'd have to buy a pass + 30€ seat reservations each way.

The Eurail Pass is mainly for train travel throughout Europe and there are mandatory seat reservation fees on most high-speed trains.

Have a look at normal tickets on eurostar.com

Eurostar tickets are expensive and have a monopoly so there's not much we can do but it's still the fastest and easiest way to reach Paris. Please note that there are border controls and you need to be at the train station around an hour before departure.

Maybe spend a night in Paris (even though you have a room in London) to spend a bit more time there.

Edit : Let me know your travel dates and I can check the Eurostar fares. It is usually cheaper between Tuesday and Thursday but it will cost at least 150€ per person.

We are are landing Friday the 7th and leaving Wednesday the 12

we wanted to see the museum in Paris. I know must of the museums are closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

Are there any other website for one day tickets beside Eurostar? Will take a look regardless, thank you lots!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which museum did you want to visit in Paris ? The Louvre I assume. It is closed on Tuesday.

You're exactly travelling on Easter weekend so tickets will be expensive for sure, if not sold out. I can see day returns (first train of the day and last to return) for 370€ per person on Saturday, 390€ on Sunday and Monday. Is it still worth it for you ? There are beautiful museums in London too.

No, tickets should be bought on eurostar.com and nowhere else.