Skip to main content

Hi!  I am stuck  in Porto, Portugal as the Interrail barcode does not show and the ticketoffice is refusing to reserve a  seat for med even though he can see I have a 3 months ticket till 20 november- but their direction from Interrail  is to only book/selll seat with the bar-code showing.  I have no idea why - however this hashappened  five times during this trip now!!!!! Why is my QR vide not showing!!!!????  And additionally he cannot change my digital Interrailticket to a paper one.  So I wonder what your solution is??? Can you fix the QR vide att once?  Or are you mailinglistan me a paperticlet express?  I have a 3 months ticket till 20 november. 

I read a problem like that from other Interrail users on Twitter (incl. a video)

​​​The solution is to untick and tick the one trip to show the QR-code/Ticket.

I want to add this:

Normaly you do NOT have to show the QR-code to reserve a seat, they are wrong. 

@Claudi. @Nanja @annie Please ask the relevant team if a solution is soon possible. Because this is a very relevant bug that could generate some trouble for pass users currently traveling.

The app wants a stable internet connection or no internet connection at all. You can try to switch to flight mode and restart the app.

1. Please check your app version, under More (scroll to the bottom). If it is lower than 25.6.0, please update.
  2. Can you add a journey to your trip?
  3. Can you add a journey to your pass (by using the yellow switch)?
  4. If it's just taking a long time to show the barcode after tapping on "Show ticket”, then does it help to turn on flight mode? Restarting the app should not be necessary, the barcode show show right away after tapping on "Show ticket” in flight mode.
  5. If that doesn't help, then go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom and enable error logging.
  6. Create a support request here:
    https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new
    Describe step by step what you do and what happens. Include screenshots of errors (if any) and any unexpected screens.
    Also include your device ID:
    https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/articles/4571649483165-Contacting-us-about-an-issue-

The app indeed doesn't like a bad internet connection. Then it can sometimes take minutes to show the barcode. In flight mode however, the barcode shows instantly.

I want to add this:

Normaly you do NOT have to show the QR-code to reserve a seat, they are wrong.

Yes indeed. Would they also ask paper pass users to enter a future date? I'd refuse that: if something unexpected happens, you can lose a travel day.

When I used a paper pass in Spain a few a few years ago, they did not ask that. I wonder why RENFE (and CP apparently) now insist on an activated travel day when buying reservations.