Skip to main content

Can I buy the Benelux pass even if I leave Lyon and come back to Lyon (I only visit Brussels and cities in the Netherlands) ? 

Anyone can buy this pass. People from the 3 countries In can only use it in the other one (LUX is free anyway).

BUT you likely mean: can I use this pass for the very expensive, as SNCF, state railways, trip to BE and on? This is a very widespread BIG misunderstanding-based on not proper reading, perhaps also for those whose command of english ir not overly good; NO.

ONLY the global pass gives you ALSO the right to use it in homecountry-max 2 days, to get out and coma back.

Just think: you FRench, eager on a low price, buy a very cheap 1country pass-like for GReece or EE=Estonia and then can travel to there for ´free´? Do you really believe that could be true?

Also note that depending on your age this pass may not be a very good buy, as f.e. BElgium offers some very low attractive fares for ju/seniors.

Right now also note that in NL and a little less in BE many trainlines  have reduced service, as there are not enough staff (f.e. that means not a train ev 15 mins, but ev 30).

IF you want to explore these 3 countries en train: you have to also buy a separate return ticket to a place that fits best in your plans. Could even be Lille (direct TGV fr Lyon), then use TRAM or metro till border, or go Duinkerken (dunkerque for you-same pronunciation)-and use free BUS to Belgium from there. (de Panne), or Luxemburg, etc.

Benelux pass in only valid in BElgium, NEtherland and LUXemburg, this means from the border. Trips in France not included. Take a Global Pass instead to be able to use it in your home country in 2 days of your pass (Inbound/Outbound rule), with Global Pass you can visit also other countries that are part of Interrail. Keep in mind, that some trains need a reservation and for trains to/from France they cost a lot (thanks to SNCF….).