Solved

Can I get a Pass Cover number to make reservations before receiving my Greek island pass?

Hello!

I will go with my grilfriend to Greece in July and we see the option to buy the Greek Island pass with 4 dans travel. When I do the processos to buy indicades that I will receive on 28th June. I would like to know if I will receive via mail the cover pass number to make the greek ferry's reservations or I have to wait to receive the pass at home (my address). I am a littlr bit worried because if I have to wait for a month, perhaps I don't have available seats for the ferry's desired. Thank you

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 May 2022, 22:30

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The more general opinion is to forget this pass, as it hardly ever pays off. From earlier posts I recall its a paper pass and has to be sent by snailmail. You do NOT have to worry much about boats being fully booked weeks ahead-thats IF at all only for people with CARs. And without pass you will have much more choice in which boats yoy can choose/simply buy tickets for.

The more general opinion is to forget this pass, as it hardly ever pays off. From earlier posts I recall its a paper pass and has to be sent by snailmail. You do NOT have to worry much about boats being fully booked weeks ahead-thats IF at all only for people with CARs. And without pass you will have much more choice in which boats yoy can choose/simply buy tickets for.

Thanks for your answer mcadv, but I did a simulation and the pass for two person is 180€ and the reservation without the pass is approximately 320-350€ but I don't see if they sent by mail the associated number to make possible to book :S

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You will only see the pass cover number when you receive the pass.

If you live close to a station with a ticket office, you can also check if they sell this pass there. If so, then you'll have it immediately and you don't pay for delivery.

You will only see the pass cover number when you receive the pass.

If you live close to a station with a ticket office, you can also check if they sell this pass there. If so, then you'll have it immediately and you don't pay for delivery.

HI rvdborgt, thank you for your answer. And can you help to know if some place in Barcelona has this kind of pass, 4 days trip greek island pass? Thank you so much

Fernando

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

HI rvdborgt, thank you for your answer. And can you help to know if some place in Barcelona has this kind of pass, 4 days trip greek island pass?

In Barcelona, I'd go to the Barcelona Sants station. Interrail is an offer of the railways, including RENFE. The Greek Islands Pass is a bit special because it's for ferries but still all participating Interrail companies can sell it if they want.

HI rvdborgt, thank you for your answer. And can you help to know if some place in Barcelona has this kind of pass, 4 days trip greek island pass?

In Barcelona, I'd go to the Barcelona Sants station. Interrail is an offer of the railways, including RENFE. The Greek Islands Pass is a bit special because it's for ferries but still all participating Interrail companies can sell it if they want.

THanks you rvdborgt, I understand that you don't know if they sell this pass sure. If they don't sell this pass because is a ferry pass, we don't have another way that asking by eurail web and wait until the reception.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

THanks you rvdborgt, I understand that you don't know if they sell this pass sure. If they don't sell this pass because is a ferry pass, we don't have another way that asking by eurail web and wait until the reception.

Correct, I don't know. If you order online, do it from the Interrail website (not Eurail), since you live in Europe.

Correct, I don't know. If you order online, do it from the Interrail website (not Eurail), since you live in Europe.

Thank you so much for your answer. Only another question. Is there any option when you buy your greek island pass to receive via mail the cover number to make possible the reservation before the arrive of the paper pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you so much for your answer. Only another question. Is there any option when you buy your greek island pass to receive via mail the cover number to make possible the reservation before the arrive of the paper pass?

Not that I know of. But do they really need your pass cover number? It doesn't say so anywhere.

Not that I know of. But do they really need your pass cover number? It doesn't say so anywhere.

Yes, it is necessary. I have asked them and furthermore, now you can reserve via web and there is an option to apply greek island pass but it is necessary the cover pass number to complete the booking