Solved

Can I use Global pass for Germany S-Bahn and FEX aiport Express?

• 22 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

recently I bought a Eurail Global pass and my main destination will be Germany but also will spend 3 days in Switzerland. Anyway, I heard some people say the Eurail Pass also includes most of the S-Bahn, and I want to know if it is true ?

Also, since I will be landed at Brandenburg Airport and there is a FEX Aiport Express links to the city center, I wonder if that is also includes in the Global pass?

Thanks! 🙏 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 22 October 2022, 16:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, you can use S-Bahn in Germany and most in Switzerland. Berlin FEX is just a branded regional express  which you can also use. There are other regular services linking the airport with central Berlin and Berlin Hbf, the best option in Berlin airport is to take the first direct train, not wait for the next FEX.

U-Bahn as well as trams and buses are not included in eurail pass validity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As above, anything which has DB on it takes passes (and a lot more in DE). BUT if this the only trip you mak that day-airport to HTL, then a normal ticket (or perhaps a 1 day pass for all of Berlin) is a lot cheaper as 1 passday. The airport (Flughafen BB) is NOT in the inner city zone but outer zone C.