Solved

Can I use my old reservation with my newly exchanged Eurail Pass?

• 13 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I had bought 7 days global pass and I had made eurostar reservations with that pass but now I’m exchanging the pass to 5 days global pass and would like keep the eurostar reservations made with the old pass. Can I use my old eurostar seat reservations with the newly exchanged pass?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 June 2023, 08:07

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes you can. The only thing linking you to this reservation is your name.

Thank you! In this case can I exchange my 7 days global pass with Benelux pass as I’m only traveling to these countries and still use my old eurostar reservations?

Yes you can. The only thing linking you to this reservation is your name.

Thank you! In this case can I exchange my 7 days global pass with Benelux pass as I’m only traveling to these countries and still use my old eurostar reservations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You need a global pass, to use Eurostar (From/to London, that is).

gotcha! thank you :) Is traveling via Eurostar considered as a travel day on Global pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

gotcha! thank you :) Is traveling via Eurostar considered as a travel day on Global pass?

Yes, all days (00.00 -23.59 CET) when you board a train is a travel day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you need an active travel day.

Thanks for the prompt response. Everywhere I read it says Eurostar reservations are independent of the pass so does it matter if I travel with Global pass or Benelux pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As the Eurostar either departs from or arrives in London (UK) it is not enough to have a Benelux pass. Your pass must be valid in both the country of departure and the country of the arrival.