Solved

Can I use my old reservation with my newly exchanged Eurail Pass?

• 13 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I had bought 7 days global pass and I had made eurostar reservations with that pass but now I’m exchanging the pass to 5 days global pass and would like keep the eurostar reservations made with the old pass. Can I use my old eurostar seat reservations with the newly exchanged pass?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 June 2023, 08:07

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As the Eurostar either departs from or arrives in London (UK) it is not enough to have a Benelux pass. Your pass must be valid in both the country of departure and the country of the arrival.

You need a global pass, to use Eurostar (From/to London, that is).

Thanks for the prompt response. Everywhere I read it says Eurostar reservations are independent of the pass so does it matter if I travel with Global pass or Benelux pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

gotcha! thank you :) Is traveling via Eurostar considered as a travel day on Global pass?

Yes, you need an active travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

gotcha! thank you :) Is traveling via Eurostar considered as a travel day on Global pass?

Yes, all days (00.00 -23.59 CET) when you board a train is a travel day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes you can. The only thing linking you to this reservation is your name.

Thank you! In this case can I exchange my 7 days global pass with Benelux pass as I’m only traveling to these countries and still use my old eurostar reservations?

Thank you! In this case can I exchange my 7 days global pass with Benelux pass as I’m only traveling to these countries and still use my old eurostar reservations?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes you can. The only thing linking you to this reservation is your name.