Solved

Can I use my outbound travel for a travelday outside of my homecountry?

• 19 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Dear Interrail Community,

Me and my boyfriend gonna start our first Interrail tour tomorrow. We took a flight to Istanbul and wanna go back to Germany. He has a 5 days global pass. The problem is now that it seems like he lost his first travel day (outbound) because he is not travel outbound just inbound. Is there a possibility to use this valuable ticket for a trip outside of the country of residence?

Hopefully I was clear in my description. I tried my best to find the answer in the community questions but couldn't find that specific case.

Thank you for thinking with us!

Kind regards from Istanbul

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 19 August 2022, 22:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The outbound and inbound journeys are not extra travel days. It's just that on 2 of your travel days, you can also travel in your country of residence. If you have a 5-day global pass, then you can only travel on 5 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And-if you choose wisely, even also the night following that day-stay on that train/in that car-untill you get out-or when it ends. DO be aware of the trick on how to do it if you arr at the end in DE on an overniter (f.e. from Budapest) and then change in M to get home-though for you this is less of an issue due to not used 1st day.

You CAN do this trip-in a very smart way using this, in 3 days from IST to any place hier in Deutschland, wo DB schon wieder ganz wie gewohnt mit 2-3 St, Verspätung, hier HBF Bremen zu leiden hat.