Skip to main content

Can we travel from Cannes to st tropez by train and ferry? On the pass? 

Bad news:

ferry never included

Local trains here are NOT taking any passes anymore since 1/7

Local buses cost only 1-2 €/single, train a little more for normal ticket

That decision was reversed today.

That decision was reversed today.

@rvdborgt , i was researching to see if any trains go to Saint-tropez for the tail end of my trip, and found this thread. It looks like there aren’t any direct trains to Saint-tropez and the closest one is St. Raphael Valescure… since it shows up on the SNCF timetable, and SNCF is covered, is it safe to assume I can take this route if I wanted to? There are zero stations anywhere near Saint Tropez according to the station map, so I just want to know if I can plan my routes so long as the supported train lines are on the Eurail page https://www.eurail.com/en/get-inspired/trains-europe/useful-train-information/participating-railway-companies

SNCF trains are covered. To get to Saint-Tropez though you will need to catch a bus somewhere.

Just back from that area and I can assure you the trains along the coast all take the pass. If you have a flexi pass with limited travel days you may wish to check out local prices rather than use a travel day.

The most frequent trains along the coast run from Ventimiglia to Cannes, but to get from Cannes to St Raphael V, you need the infrequent (approx hourly) service  - beware the TGVs when you plan.

Just back from that area and I can assure you the trains along the coast all take the pass. If you have a flexi pass with limited travel days you may wish to check out local prices rather than use a travel day.

The most frequent trains along the coast run from Ventimiglia to Cannes, but to get from Cannes to St Raphael V, you need the infrequent (approx hourly) service  - beware the TGVs when you plan.

such wonderful news!!! thank you 🥰

- beware the TGVs when you plan.

Just to confirm, (this is my first time using Eurail), you said to beware because TGV is one that requires a seat reservation right? @Yorkie 

Yes - it is only a short distance at non TGV speed on that line, but you have to pay a full reservation of 10 euros - there are only a couple a day that you can use your pass anyway. I paid the same res fee for Nice to Paris as you would pay for Cannes to St Raph.

there are only a couple a day that you can use your pass anyway. I paid the same res fee for Nice to Paris as you would pay for Cannes to St Raph.

Wow nice!!! @paying same res fee from Nice to Paris!

So sorry to keep asking q’s.. Can you clarify what you mean when you say there are only a couple days you can use your pass? I thought there was no limit unless you lived in a certain country 

or do you mean that there are only a couple of trains that run a day in this area? 

thanks in advance! 

there are only a couple a day that you can use your pass anyway. I paid the same res fee for Nice to Paris as you would pay for Cannes to St Raph.

Wow nice!!! @paying same res fee from Nice to Paris!

So sorry to keep asking q’s.. Can you clarify what you mean when you say there are only a couple days you can use your pass? I thought there was no limit unless you lived in a certain country 

or do you mean that there are only a couple of trains that run a day in this area? 

thanks in advance! 

No problem - it wasn’t as clear as I thought. 

There are 4 or 5 TGVs a day on that line but some of them are operated by a company not in the Interrail network.

You can of course travel on any number of trains in a single day as you want.

An alternative to St Tropez could be Monte Carlo - We stayed near M C  station last week for 2 days and tripped to Juan - le - Pins and Cannes using Interrail, so Cannes to MC is an easy trip.