Solved

Cannot get prices/buy a UK contry pass on the website

• 13 October 2022
  • 9 replies

When trying to get to the overview of prices for buying a UK One Country pass, the box/iframe is not loading. Wondering if anyone lese has the same issue. I tried with different browsers (Edge and Vivaldi) on Windows and via Android on my phone to no avail. All I get  is this:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/one-country-pass/great-britain

All other countries I checked, show me prices and ticket options straight away.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 October 2022, 14:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I get the same issue, but it may be that my ISP is based in the UK, as am I of course.

So am I actually at the moment as well. 🤔 But surely, you should be able to check prices and buy a ticket while you’re travelling through the UK. That would be indeed an odd choise, given that it doesn’t throw an error/warning/message, but just “keep loading”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

UK based retailer also selling interrail https://www.myinterrail.co.uk/interrail-passes/one-country-pass/great-britain/

Also worth comparing Britrail passes, near identical validity but no requirement for app or logging trains/travel diary, mobile pass is an e-mailed PDF.

https://www.britrail.net/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seems to be universal-I now sit in a CZ/CD train IN DE/germany and funnily here also GB does not load-several others do.

To get a rough idea for prices-it is not cheap and only marginally cheaper as a global pass-check also BritRail (is in fact the same)-that one is mostly a few € more expensive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Seems to be universal-I now sit in a CZ/CD train IN DE/germany and funnily here also GB does not load-several others do.

To get a rough idea for prices-it is not cheap and only marginally cheaper as a global pass-check also BritRail (is in fact the same)-that one is mostly a few € more expensive.

It is nice that travellers want to just do the UK, but given the small difference between One Country passes and a similar Global pass (Check out German pass v Global as well) are they really good value?

I appreciate the UK is an island and easy to stay in, but on mainland Europe a Global pass allows access to 33 countries for only a small extra to the single country pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Correct, I'm not getting the prices for the GB Interrail passes either.

@Nanja, is there a problem with the website?

@xconsolex  Hello! Thank you for your question. I am sorry to read this! It looks like a technical issue is causing the problem, I have now reported it to our team and I will provide you with an update about this as soon as possible.

(ps Please note that you cannot order a One Country Pass for the country where you live).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Kind regards,

Annie

Thanks for all the helpful replies and propsed alternatives like the BritRail passes, @Al_G, @mcadv. It seems that, in the end, I’ll probably go for one of the Global Passes, as this seems to offer the best in terms of area covered vs. flexibility with trains and days for the UK. I am always a bit caution buying types of tickets via resellers, even though myinterrail.co.uk looks legit.

Still can’t seems to load the pricing for the GB One Country Pass via the website, though. But @Annie. is on it :)

DO NOT BUY PASSES FROM THIS COMPANY> THEY STEAL.