Solved

Cant buy a seat reservation inside my validity period

• 17 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

so my problem is that I cant reserve any seats between the 1-11 of August, despite the validity period of my pass starting on the 1st of August. Any reservation on the 12th or later is possible. I tried reactivating my pass multiple times to no avail. I always get the message: “Your Pass isn't valid on this date”.

I hope anyone can help me, as not even the support seems willing to help (They just say my pass-number isnt even in their system)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 June 2023, 10:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

First of all, deactivate your pass. There's no need to activate it in advance. There's no advantage, only a possible disadvantage. You can only cancel activation until 23:59 before validity starts. If something happens after that, e.g. you wake up ill, then it will be too late to cancel and you'll loose travel days.

Further, the direct TGV/ICEs from Germany to France can also be booked via DB, ticket office or by phone (not online), without any booking fee (Interrail charges €2 per person and train). Domestic TGVs in France can be booked online via B-europe (€4 booking fee per order) or by phone via SNCF (no booking fee, press #85 for English). So it depends on your exact journey what the best way to book is.

If you really want to book via Interrail, then delete the cookies for interrail.eu and log in again.