Solved

Change Global Pass from 7 to 5 days

• 12 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi!

I bought a 7 day Global Pass, but changed my plans and would need only 5 days. I understand I should cancel my Pass and get a new one. Problem is I already made reservations associated to my actual pass. Is it still possible to make this exchange, or is it better to play it safe and keep it this way?
Thanks for the help!!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 12 July 2022, 12:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As long as your details remain the same you can use any reservations with a replacement pass, they are not linked directly with a specific pass.

Make sure you qualify for an exchange before proceeding.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Note again: a refund will incur a 15% fee-this is about equal to the difference in price for 7 or 5 days-so forget it, it will also involve a lot of anxious waiting and you had better simply try to use it to good purpose for some more days out.

I got Plus so I guess I can get a 100% refund. 4 days in 1st class is $965. I had paid $1315 so there’s some difference. I don’t want to get stressed with this one week before travelling with all the reservations paid, but maybe I’ll try this…

Thanks for your answers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Note again: a refund will incur a 15% fee-this is about equal to the difference in price for 7 or 5 days-so forget it, it will also involve a lot of anxious waiting and you had better simply try to use it to good purpose for some more days out.

If you switch passes that is an exchange and not a refund. An exchange costs 15 EUR and not 15%. No charge if Plus was purchased. 

Thanks all for your help. I finally could cancel my original pass (100% refund) and got a new one. Not a huge difference moneywise, but every dollar counts ;)