Solved

Choose seats for reservations on Vienna - Bupapest - Prague - Berlin

• 2 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all

Booking some routes as above - it’s simple to book reservations (even when not required), but on any of these journeys, is there a way to choose seats (either prior to booking reservation or after)? Travelling as a family of four, so keen to try and book tables or at least together.

I saw something on the OBB site detailing seat selection when booking on the app, but perhaps that’s not available for, for example, Vienna to Budapest? Can’t find it on the app when booking.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 2 June 2023, 16:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Vienna-Budapest and Vienna-Prague is mostly done by Railjet, ÖBBs Flagship train. Perfectly possible to select your seats. Works the best on the ÖBB website. For other trains you can give your preferences (window, aisle, type of car,...)

Prague Berlin might be better to do on cd.cz, since you can type in the seat numbers you want.

All the guides you need are found here:

Thanks.

Weird - trying to book Vienna to Prague. I can pay for reservation, but nowhere does it show seat selection. Just the option to request a table etc. I see seat selection on a different journey I’m booking through DB (Berlin to Amsterdam), but nothing on OBB.

Trying to book Vienna to Prague on DB, but it takes me to international-bahn.de, and again no seat selection...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks.

Weird - trying to book Vienna to Prague. I can pay for reservation, but nowhere does it show seat selection. Just the option to request a table etc. I see seat selection on a different journey I’m booking through DB (Berlin to Amsterdam), but nothing on OBB.

Trying to book Vienna to Prague on DB, but it takes me to international-bahn.de, and again no seat selection...

Then you are not reserving Railjets (RJ or RJX) but an EC or another train type. There you can just the request choices (window, table,...) but not get to select the seat yourself.

How to do it on e.g. a Railjet via ÖBB when selecting “seat reservations only”

Make sure to select an RJ
Click reservation details
Go to seat selection
Voilà, you’re able to choose

Thanks for your help, but this is precisely how I’m accessing. I just don’t get the ‘or select the seat of your choice’ piece. Maybe it’s a date issue? Am booking 12th August