Country of residence in another country than the ID card

  • 13 May 2022
  • 1 reply


I mainly live in Austria because I work and study here.
But my ID card is german and the address on it is the german address of my parents which is my secondary address.
I have bought a Interrail E-Pass few days ago with my austrian address and now I have read that you must add the ID card to the Interrail app, can there be any problems while activating the pass then?
Is there a normal up to date austrian registration certificate enough to prove my austrian main residence and are there any important things that I should know before activating the E-Pass or while traveling?

Kind regards.


Best answer by seewulf 13 May 2022, 10:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you have a  proof like your Austrian  Registration that you live there it should be fine. Some conductors maybe will starts a small discuision about that but usualy it went  fine.