Solved

Covid Ticket Exchange 2020 for September 2022

Dear Community

I tried to contact support weeks ago, but didn't get an answer. I still have the ticket for Mai/June 2020 (startcountry austria) and I want to get personal contact and also an insurance, for sending my ticket to the interrail office for exchange. Is there any possibility to speed up the process?

Tanks for an help! 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 September 2022, 15:12

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@annie.papadopoulou @Claudi. 

I am still hoping for any answers, as there is still no answer from the interrail support. I am very upset that it takes so long, that the exchange process even starts.

So I am still thankful for every information you tell me! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you want to make an exchange or get a refund?

An exchange to start on Sept 1st.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

An exchange to start on Sept 1st

What is the information that you have been gived from Interrail regards this? 

I thought that you should be able to use the pass you have until August 2022.

The information I still get from the support-bot is, that is still possible to perform an exchange.

When I bought the pass before april 1st 2020. This is the case, I bought it at the end of 2019.

(Refunds were only possible till September 1s 2021.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok. 

To do the exchange you first need to buy the new pass, then you need to send both the old and the new pass numbers to Customer Support. They will the give you a refund of the price of the first pass less 15 EUR ( no fee if you bought PLUS).

Read more detail about the exchange process below.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

So the exchange will be performed after my travel (travel ends at october 2022, and then in November I send the two passes)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No. You send in the pass numbers as soon as you have got the confirmation email with the new pass number. Or do you have a paper pass? Then there are specific rules. You should be able to read about that in the link I sent.

Yes it is a paper pass. I also bought it with a 10% discount, but this doesn't matter in the exchange policy for travels disrupted in early 2020 due to covid. 

It is also a pass for under 28. Now I will have to buy a pass for 28+. So it is a a more complicated issue, that's why  I would liked to have personal contact to an support member.

But thank you so far for your help, I really appreciate it.

So now I would summarise, how I understand it:

1) I buy a new pass

2) I send my old pass to the support office

3) I contact support and tell them the 2 Order Numbers. 

Then I will get the money for the more expensive 28+ pass and pay 15€.

Is that right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So now I would summarise, how I understand it:

1) I buy a new pass

2) I send my old pass to the support office

3) I contact support and tell them the 2 Order Numbers. 

Then I will get the money for the more expensive 28+ pass and pay 15€.

Is that right?

Yes, as far as I know that is the procedure apart from that you need to switch 2 and 3. You need to get the return address for the paper pass from Customer Support.

You will get the money for the first pass you bought, that would be the youth pass.

I have the same trouble, however i contacted them on twitter and they got back to me within 10 minutes. they told me that they are proccessing my new passes which should take a few days to sort. that was on friday and its now tuesday and still nothing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have the same trouble, however i contacted them on twitter and they got back to me within 10 minutes. they told me that they are proccessing my new passes which should take a few days to sort. that was on friday and its now tuesday and still nothing?

You have to be patient. There has been a weekend in between. From Friday til now there has been one full working day so you will most likely need to wait a few days more.

Dear Community

I tried to contact support weeks ago, but didn't get an answer. I still have the ticket for Mai/June 2020 (startcountry austria) and I want to get personal contact and also an insurance, for sending my ticket to the interrail office for exchange. Is there any possibility to speed up the process?

Tanks for an help! 

Hello, thank you for your question. I am afraid you need to first get in touch with our customer service team so we can check if there's anything we can offer.
Kind regards,

Annie