Solved

Cross-border journey (Inbound/outbound)

Hello,

I want to avoid using inbound/outbound journey on my mobile pas. As an example, I want to go from Brno to Vienna. The last stop in CZ (my residence) is Breclav, following stop is Vienna. Is it possible to travell in a following way?

1) I will use the network ticket for Czech Republic, which is valid up to border point (Breclav statni hranice)

2) Then, I will manually add in Railplanner App the leg from Bernardsthall Grenze (first poin in Austria) to Vienna

Of course, the train does not stop in both of these points and I’ve read in other threats the train must stop in border points. Which is quite odd to buy the ticket for all way to Vienna when I have a global network pass…

Anyway, what I asked on Czech Railways company, they adviced I can buy the ticket to border point (which is possible on counter) or have a network ticket and then I can continue on Interrail ticket. For me, this way makes a sense becaue - at least what I experienced when used OBB Sommerticket (network ticket) - it was not mandatory to have ticket to station where train actually stops when travelling cross-border.

So my question is - would be proposed approach legit?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 3 July 2022, 11:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Dobry den. Yes, Ano, this is perfectly possible (I do it too from here, NL) and in such cases you have to use the manual function to add the trips. You know you can still use the 2 days you are allowed for trip OUT=IN-so its only needed when you go more often +out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have an iPhone, don't add a journey manually. There is probably still a bug that makes journeys disappear if you add journeys manually to an iPhone. I saw a question about this earlier today.

Do you have an iPhone or an Android?

Dobry den. Yes, Ano, this is perfectly possible (I do it too from here, NL) and in such cases you have to use the manual function to add the trips. You know you can still use the 2 days you are allowed for trip OUT=IN-so its only needed when you go more often +out.

Thanks! It is good to know it could work in this way.

Regarding the system - I have an android so it shouldn’t be a problem.