Skip to main content

Hi there! My name is Hannah and I'm planing to travel from Vienna to Zurich. I just discovered that my train crosses the German border between Salzburg and Kufstein. There is no stop in between those train stations but the train crosses the border drives a short distance through Germany and crosses the border again. So technically I would pass through my home country Germany but there is no possibility of getting in or of the train so would I have to use my in/outbound days for this trip? Thanks so much for helping me! 

@rvdborgt @Angelo What is the recommendation for how to handle this?

Normally you would use a Inbound/Outbound day, but in this case it is not so, because the train travel via Germany but it is like a train that runs only in Austria due to a Staatsvertrag. 

But note, that sometimes the app will add it as inbound/outbound day. You should try before the travel day to add it and to look if it took a outbound/inbound. 

If it used a outbound/inbound, you can cancel the trip and add manually the trip with the train from Vienna to Zürich. So the app doesn't know that it pass Germany.

There have been a few same-same Fragen-gleicher Ansatz.

It as later recorded by one of them that the app-if used the normal planner, will indeed count this as a homecountry-use-day. So the ALT is: feed it as manual trip, then it will not do this.

Very same essence as angelo wrote.

This train normally does not use an inbound/outbound journey if you live in Germany. It only did when it made a scheduled stop in Rosenheim during the recent engineering works (and these were not implemented correctly in the app) but those are over. It doesn't hurt to test it though. The app will warn you in advance if it wants to use an inbound/outbound day.