Solved

Day trains before night trains and outbound journey

• 23 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello :)

I have the Mobile Global Pass for four days.

I live in Göttingen, Germany and my first destination is Venice.I want to take a Nightrain on 27.March.22 departure Göttingen: 07.02 PM

i need to change trains in Munich at 11 PM.

I only have 20 minutes to change trains. can I take an earlier ICE train to make sure I don’t miss the Night-train (NJ40463?

And also: This only counts as one travel day right? Because the night-train departs before midnight and I don’t have to change trains before I arrive in Venice.

Which one of these two trains do I have to put as that outbound journey? I don’t really understand it the outbound journey thing.. because I read, that you only have one outbound and one inbound journey. Am I even allowed to use the train in Göttingen to get to Munich?

lots of questions.. I know 😅

but thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 23 March 2022, 06:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Moin moin. Sicher kennst due die sehr schlechte Records von DB # puenktlich fahren, Verspaetung ist eher drann.

Take an earlier ICE to M to be sure of reaching the connection. Whereas in theory you could get all kinds of compensations and even maybe a night in hotel wenn you miss this train, but the problems you will encounter are giant. You can start from the earliest train that day and yes, the overnight counts still as having left on the chosen day.

You have in fact 2 days, which must be traveldays, to also use in your home country-to whatever you have chosen: border, airport, ferryport and by whatever nr of trains is needed to reach those points. I have never used a mobile pass, but on the paper pass (which is sold on the spot by DB, this month also with the discount) there are special fields for that. What I understand is that the app allows you to put in stops in home country only on 2 days. This may be a problem if you also want to come back by overnight train and then do the reverse trip.

Also check the covid-entry rules for IT and be aware of the need to make REServations-at the counter, for most longer distance trains In ITaly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The mobile pass will ask you if it should use one of your inbound/outbound journeys if you enter a journey in your country of residence. On that travel day, you can then use as many trains as you like in Germany.

Hello :)

I have the Mobile Global Pass for four days.

I live in Göttingen, Germany and my first destination is Venice.I want to take a Nightrain on 27.March.22 departure Göttingen: 07.02 PM

i need to change trains in Munich at 11 PM.

I only have 20 minutes to change trains. can I take an earlier ICE train to make sure I don’t miss the Night-train (NJ40463?

And also: This only counts as one travel day right? Because the night-train departs before midnight and I don’t have to change trains before I arrive in Venice.

Which one of these two trains do I have to put as that outbound journey? I don’t really understand it the outbound journey thing.. because I read, that you only have one outbound and one inbound journey. Am I even allowed to use the train in Göttingen to get to Munich?

lots of questions.. I know 😅

but thanks in advance 

Thank you!!!

The mobile pass will ask you if it should use one of your inbound/outbound journeys if you enter a journey in your country of residence. On that travel day, you can then use as many trains as you like in Germany.

Thank you!!