Solved

Delay compensation - no confirmation nor response from Eurail

• 28 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi fellow Interrailers, has anybody managed to get a delay compensation from Eurail?

I have tried to submit my delay compensation request multiple times using different browsers/devices but have never managed to get any confirmation message once I submitted my request (neither on the webpage itself nor by email) nor have I heard back from Eurail by email ever since.

Now, I am wondering whether the online compensation form actually works and how I can get in touch with them. Anyone in a similar situation? According to their policies, I understand such compensations should be processed in 10 days. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 29 August 2022, 09:13

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It seems there is no confirmation by email; this has been raised before. They "try to get back to you within 10 working days” but it can also take loger. The legal requirement is within 1 month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

At least 3 major railways cannot keep that promise-due to serious staff shortages. In some difficult cases they have to be contacted about claims. Certainly if there are also claims for HTL/other expense.

Also: there is a special form for it, and there is attached to it a long overveiw on how much you are entitled to -this will depend on type of pass (in fact average cost/day) plus that there is a MIN for payout of 4€-this means that on long-time continu passes you have to collect 2-3 delays to reach this amount.

I also tried to submit the form, but didn’t get any confirmation message in the browser nor a confirmation by e-mail. I wonder whether the claim submission system is actually working…

This is the link I used: https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/delay-compensation

Thank you for your comments. I’ll keep you updated as soon as I hear back from Eurail - hopefully!

If someone from Eurail is reading us, please note that a simple on-screen confirmation message would be sufficient. This way, users would avoid submitting multiple requests for the same issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

There is no confirmation email after submitting a delay compensation form. We have likely received your claim in good order once you've clicked on “Submit”. There is currently a backlog of requests due to the busy summer season, but our team is working hard to process each claim asap - thanks for your patience :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no confirmation email after submitting a delay compensation form. 

@Claudi. 

This is really not good practice and it will in addition result in many duplicate claims.

Are there any plans to implement a confirmation message on the website and a confirmation mail?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

There is no confirmation email after submitting a delay compensation form. 

@Claudi.

This is really not good practice and it will in addition result in many duplicate claims.

Are there any plans to implement a confirmation message on the website and a confirmation mail?

None that I know of, but I'll pass along this feedback and keep you posted. 

Just wanted to share that I have received the payment for my delay compensation request. So, yes, the online form is active despite the lack of a confirmation message / email, thanks.