Solved

Different Dates of Delivery during Payment Process and at Checkout (Paper Ticket)

• 21 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I just booked a Paper Ticket (I need the ticket for a trip which will start at 1 April 2023). During the Payment Process the estimated delivery dated showed “28 March 2023” which would have been close, but probably fine. However, at checkout the estimated date of delivery had postponed to 7 April 2023 (which would render the ticket useless for me). Of course, at checkout it is too late to change anything.

• Most important Question: How can I proceed from here? In order to use the mobile pass I would have to buy a new Smartphone (mine doesn’t support iOS 13). The Paper Ticket will probably be late. Moreover, I probably cannot return the Paper Ticket in Time, because I will not be at home then. Is there any other way to obtain and use a ticket in time for the journey?
  • Is it still possible to get a full 100% refund for the ticket (for the different estimated of delivery are quite deceptive), not the usual 85% refund?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

All the best, thomas

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 21 March 2023, 15:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would contact Eurail (if you can) and tell them your date of departure, and see if they can hurry it up or provide more info. It might be that the 7 April is a ‘worst case scenario’ that they put in there, and it arrives much sooner.

An estimated delivery date is just that, but for the estimate to change from 28th to the 7th immediately after checkout - that is very poor. I think there would be reasonable consumer protection against that, but I don’t know what that would be in Germany.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I believe you can get paper passes at many ticket offices in Germany. Thaat would entail you then returning your pass, when it arrives through the Interrail exchange at a cost of 15 euro.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

This second pass is available on demand so you could wait to see if the first pass arrives and get a replacement up to departure date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the delivery date only changed after payment, then I'd ask for a full refund of the pass and the delivery fee. Was this the case?

Instead indeed buy a pass from a DB ticket office or DB agent. You'll have it immediately and there won't be any extra fees.

Thanks for the hint to the DB ticket office. I didn’t know that was possible, and it will surely be the easiest solution, as I can just walk by and buy the ticket.

I will contact Interrail/Eurail, ask for a full refund and hope for the best. The delivery date only changed after payment (as far as I can remember), but of course I don’t have proof for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the hint to the DB ticket office. I didn’t know that was possible

That has always been possible for the past 51 years...

I will contact Interrail/Eurail, ask for a full refund and hope for the best. The delivery date only changed after payment (as far as I can remember), but of course I don’t have proof for this.

Currently, 8 April is shown as delivery date to Germany before payment. Only for the Netherlands, I can see a date in March, so I'm not sure what happened. But in the ordering process, I'm not able to select a start date that is before the estimated delivery date. So if you ended up with a pass that has a start date before the communicated delivery date, then something must have gone wrong on the Interrail side and it doesn't seem to be your fault.