Solved

DiscoverEU ticket: budget limitation

• 20 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone! I have received the DiscoverEU ticket, so therefore now I have the option to choose between flexible and fixed travel.

I’m almost 100% sure to be taking the flexible option, but I’ve been struggling with the 251€ “budget”. I don’t get if (within a Travel Day) I can hop on ALL the trains I want, or either need to be writing down how much does each train cost and be careful about it?

So that if I spend 200€ travelling to Sweden (for example), do i need to add 200-51 = 149€ of my own wallet for the journey back?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 20 July 2022, 21:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Fixed option: you have a budget of 251€ to travel. They book for you train tickets and you get them via email. 

Flex option: you get an Interrail Pass 7 days in 1 month that cost 251€. (Reservations not included)

For questions about #DiscoverEU please don’t ask here, but directly the #DiscoverEU team via email or in the official #DiscoverEU Group on Facebook. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The pass is the better buy-as you can use it on 7 days (incl. 2 in your own country, to go out and back in) on as many trains you can manage-and even use a night-train boarded before 23.59 to reach destination next morning. It is valid in 33 countries-even some OUT of EU, like NOrway, Swiss, UK, Turkey

BUT you have to pay yourself for all the REServaciones you may need-if you do not plan smartly that can add a lot-and in fact most here always complain about RENFE as it is so hard to get them there-but for an ESpanol that should be easier. As a start do not use the direct AVE ES-FRancia, but local rodalies till border desde Bcn and TER trenes in FR.

Thank you both!