Solved

Do I have to add the pass to my phone right after purchasing?

• 14 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I bought an interrail mobile pass today due to the -10% discount and received the confirmation to my email. This is perhaps a no-brainer question, but I was wondering that is it okay not to add the mobile pass to my phone yet? The instructions seem to want me to add the pass to my phone right away.

I’m only traveling in 6 months and only bought the pass already due to the discount, don’t see the point of adding the pass yet in case my phone changes or breaks during this time. 

Just making sure that not adding the pass doesn’t cause harm :)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 March 2023, 21:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no need to add the pass to your phone until you start travelling.

Badge

You can add the pass anytime before you travel,  THEN save a trip… THEN activate it… THEN travel!
It makes sense to add the pass as soon as you can so you can start planning trips and saving the train journeys to your trip. Then later you can activate the pass for travel.

Registering the pass on your phone does NOT activate the pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can add the pass anytime before you travel,  THEN save a trip… 

No, there is no need to have a pass in order to create a trip. You can start with creating a Trip and adding your journeys (trains) and then add a pass later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No, there is no need to have a pass in order to create a trip. You can start with creating a Trip and adding your journeys (trains) and then add a pass later.

I don't even do that since the rail planner app is really not good enough to plan with.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Personally, I use the Austrian OBB and/or Czech Ceske Drahy sites which are very complete to see if the routes are available or not.