Do I (UK passport holder) and my partner (non EU/UK passport holder) need to get separate Eurail and Interrail passes?

  • 24 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there, My partner and I are travelling around Europe. We are both currently living in the UK but are from NZ. I have a UK passport but she does not - do we need to buy separate passes to travel on the rail lines? I.e. do I need to get an Interrail pass and she gets a Eurail pass?




Best answer by rvdborgt 24 February 2024, 13:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The country where you live determines the pass you need to buy in the first place. So if you live in Europe, you need to get Interrail. However, when you have a non-European passport, you can also buy a Eurail pass, which has the advantage of not being restricted to 2 days in your country of residence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

EDIT: Already answered.