Enquiries about Eurail Global Pass (New to Europe)

Dear ALL,

I am Wen Shui, Lee from Malaysia. I am in the midst of understanding the Eurail Global Pass (Flexi) as I am going to visit Europe later. Enquiries below is what come across me when I plan my travel itinerary:

Understood that using Eurail Global Pass, I can enjoy discount when purchase ticket to Jungfraujoch, Switzerland.

Let’s say, I purchase Eurail Global Pass ( Flexi: 4 days in 1 month), I plan to use the pass on 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th of Jul.

And I happen to buy ticket to Jungfraujoch on 3rd Jul via website. Here’s the thing curious me: by online purchase ticket, my global pass ticket is forced to activated on 3rd Jul?

because if this is the case, my plan with 4 days Flexi Global Pass is not sufficient.

Thanks.

Wen Shui, Lee

7th June 2022 

AnnaB 1 year ago

Are you only going to travel in Switzerland? In that case there are better passes that the Eurail to buy.

Going to Jungfraujoch is extremely expensive even with a Eurail pass. You only get a discount on all travels in the Jungfrau-region.

If you share your travel plans here you can get advice on what pass that could be good for you.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you only going to travel in Switzerland? In that case there are better passes that the Eurail to buy.

Going to Jungfraujoch is extremely expensive even with a Eurail pass. You only get a discount on all travels in the Jungfrau-region.

If you share your travel plans here you can get advice on what pass that could be good for you.

Hi AnnaB,

I will be travelling from Germany > Amsterdamn > Belgium > Switzerland. That’s why i am thinking to get Eurail Global Pass Flexi.

Agreed on “Going to Jungfraujoch is extremely expensive even with a Eurail pass” 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Selamat hari, mas. Untuk kereta api: there are many more such railways going up on high mountains in the Swiss-this one is the best known and also by far the costliest (mahal sekali). Other ones are f.e. to Rigi (can even go up+down 2 ways), Pilatus, Monte Generoso-these cost far less and give better diskoun, but still remain pricey-as everything in the Swiss does.

If you google for ´swiss tourist pass´ you will get to a special for Swiss only pass-that includes far more (also the yellow postbsues, local citybus+tram, museums).

But if you really plan to hurry so much (are these 4 days for these 4 very long trips? you hardly have time for such excursions.

Selamat jalan, lah!

Hi mcadv,

“But if you really plan to hurry so much (are these 4 days for these 4 very long trips? you hardly have time for such excursions.” 

No, no. I just put the scenario into example:

If I wanted to enjoy promotion to Jungfraujock-ticket (online purchase) using Eurail Pass on that particular day (the day where i do not plan to use Flexi Pass). Do I have to forced-activate the usage of Global Pass on the day?

Thanks

Badge

Hi,

Can you please help me purchase the best possible pass in Switzerland given the following scenario? Is there any alternate way? I already purchased 5 day Eurail pass.

I arrive at Spiez from Venice on 22nd Oct evening.

I may go to Interlaken also on 22nd Oct. 

On 23rd Oct, from Spiez I would like to visit Jungfraujoch, come back and go to Lucenre the same day.

On 24th Oct, from 24th I would like to visit Mt. Titlis 

On 24th I would like to be back either in Zurich or Geneva. Which one is preferable?

On 25th I would like to return back to Paris (I will use Eurail pass).

Between 23rd to 24th, I can use Eurail pass on any one day. Which day given the above itinerary?

The mountain tickets are very very costly. How can I optimize that? 

I heard Eurail pass should give me some discount on mountain tickets. How can I avail that?

Sorry for too many questions. Please help me.

Thanks a lot.