Solved

Entered wrong Country of Residence

Dear Interrail,

I am an indian national, residence of france but at the time of applying Eurail I gave the address of netherlands, the place I was then staying. Now, while activating I saw that my country of residecne is shown Netherlands. 

I haven't activated the pass yet but want to do so ASAP. 

I have contacted interrail but no response yet in 4 days although I got a mail that I will be contact ed in 2 days. Could you share if there is another contact method if they don't reply soon? I have attached the proof of residence.

Although having wrong country of residence will benefit me because I am missing a smaller country but I am worried if wrong information can be used to invalidate my journeys.

Best Regards,

Gurpreet

icon

Best answer by deep.sky 12 July 2022, 10:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Only Customer Support can fix this. Did you contact Customer Support through this form? Did you clearly state what date you will start your travel?

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Letting Customer Support know what date your travel will start makes it easier for them to prioritise your request correctly.

The mail saying that you will be contacted within 2 days is only a standard email sent out and the real waiting time depends on how soon you will be travelling. 

Hi Anna,

Yes, I contacted using this form this monday and got a reply same day that I will be get a response in 2 days. I also replied back yesterday to know status.

I mentioned my planned journey within 2 weeks. In fact I was planning to start tomorrow but reading other posts in this forum makes me postpone the activation. I was wondering if I could call or chat them. I guess not.

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I mentioned my planned journey within 2 weeks. In fact I was planning to start tomorrow but reading other posts in this forum makes me postpone the activation. I was wondering if I could call or chat them. I guess not.

Regards.

There is neither phone nor chat available. Unfortunately. 

hi,
i have the same problem. I haven't been able to reach anyone for weeks. I started Interrail on July 2nd. Since I came to France for a short time, I used my address information in France. but normally I am a Turkish citizen and I live in Turkey. For this reason, I cannot travel to France and its neighboring countries. I can only enter and exit France twice. So I want to fix this situation. First of all, instead of buying Interrail again, I have to buy the Eurail pass. and then they should change the passport and country information on my pass with a 15 euro fee. Should this process be like this? but normally I use a 2-month unlimited pass, but since I haven't been able to reach customer service for 1 month, I only have 1 month travel pass left. In this case, should I only buy a 1-month eurail pass for free change? The second question is when will they send my money back. I am traveling and I need money How soon will they send me this? I'm so sorry my whole trip has been ruined and I can't reach anyone.

Hi,

I was also told the same after 3 weeks.

Jun 20, 2022, 12:29 GMT+2

Hi xxx,

My apologies for the late response; we are working through a large amount of questions and appreciate your patience.

It is not possible to change your country of residency after purchase. However, you may exchange it for a new one if the pass was bought through us and unused

Best regards,