Solved

Eurail

• 1 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have a Eurail Global Pass to visit 10 city, start in Spain on 09/21/24 and them Barcelone, Rome, Florence, Venice, Viena, Amsterdam, Brussels, London to finish in Paris.

In this moment I live in Paris but I will travel by plaine to Spain because by train is so far.

I would like to planning my trip because some train types required to buy a seat reservation before you jump aboard for exemple Eurostar…

My question : Do I have to validate the pass before to book the seat reservation in this moment since my trip will start in September?

Many thanks for your advise,

Best Regards,

Ximena

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 1 April 2024, 13:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Reservations and pass are totally separate.

Have a look at this guide to book reservations in advance : https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Eurail website adds 2€ fee per person per train so it's best to avoid it.

You might be too early for September depending on the route/company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can make reservations without activating the pass, even without buying it.

Look a carefully at the reservation costs in the link @thibcabe gave. France, Spain, Italy, and the Eurostar all have quite high reservation costs. Assume roughly €10-20 per train for a domestic journey, and €30 for an international journey.

You might consider buying tickets instead for the first part of your trip Spain > France > Italy. Consider a pass Italy > Germany > NL > Belgium. And look at cash prices on Eurostar to / from London compared with €30 each way reservation fee.

Hello,

Many thanks for your reply,

I have another question how I do to receive a Pass tickets paper???

Best regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you bought a paper pass? You should have an email from Eurail which tells you when to expect delivery.