Solved

Eurail Aid offices: France and UK

• 19 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The Eurail site suggests there are no Eurail Aid offices in London, the UK generally, Paris or France.

This is a major omission, especially since these are nations where a very large number of Eurailers commence their Pass usage.

Are there any plans to rectify this? 

If Eurail Paper Passes don’t arrive in the mail, why can’t they simply be cancelled and reissued at such an office?  (I assume the answer may be ‘we can’t prevent fraud’). But latter could be minimised by ‘blacklisting’ particular Pass numbers if they were crosschecked against purchasers’ names.  In any case, they need a valid passport to accompany for validation at a ticket office.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 August 2022, 15:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

A most unhelpful reply!

I am not from USA, but am Australian and have travelled by rail in most of Europe plus many other nations.  Please don’t assume I am uninformed. 

Eurail Aid offices ideally should be able to deal with problems such as Paper Passes not arriving in the mail. 

Moderator note: The reply above has been deleted as it goes against our community guidelines.  

The Eurail site suggests there are no Eurail Aid offices in London, the UK generally, Paris or France.

This is a major omission, especially since these are nations where a very large number of Eurailers commence their Pass usage.

Are there any plans to rectify this? 

If Eurail Paper Passes don’t arrive in the mail, why can’t they simply be cancelled and reissued at such an office?  (I assume the answer may be ‘we can’t prevent fraud’). But latter could be minimised by ‘blacklisting’ particular Pass numbers if they were crosschecked against purchasers’ names.  In any case, they need a valid passport to accompany for validation at a ticket office.

Hello! Thank you for this question. Unfortunately, we do not offer this assistance at the moment. 

However, I appreciate your feedback and I will be sharing it with our team.

Please let me know if you have any questions or you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Annie