Solved

Eurail Black Friday sale 2022?

• 22 November 2022
  • 17 replies

I am planning a backpacking trip to Europe in 2023. My research showed that Eurail had a sale on their tickets last year at this time.  Anyone know if it will happen again this year? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 24 November 2022, 12:36

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As I noted a day or 2 ago: I saw signs it will be 20% OFF from 24/11, unknown for how long. ONLY global passes, not 1 country

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

More: THIS will only be for global passes for at least 15 days, and ONLY valid for use in WINter time-till late april, I think. Untill 29/11.

This all from failbook via other forums, as I never do such sites myself.

End of yr will again be a new sale with the usual format of 10% OFF-even also for most 1co passes and valid for start 11 month after.

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are reading something different here. Black friday discounts were expected on all passes, not just global ones.

https://www.blackfridaydeals.ch/shops/interrail/

We are reading something different here. Black friday discounts were expected on all passes, not just global ones.

https://www.blackfridaydeals.ch/shops/interrail/

I sure hope this article is right.  30% off would be awesome!  We have a trip on the 29th.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its Swiss and it really says ONLY ´wir vermuten= we suspect. PLUS that in fact there has never been such a discount that high-it has always like 10-15%.

This I see here 1st time-what I passed on I saw in other and always reliable source. But tomorrow we all will know the facts. And if one wants to buy a pass anyway, the only thing to conclude is: wait till that morrow

Userlevel 1
Badge

Why are you contradicting yourself?

As I noted a day or 2 ago: I saw signs it will be 20% OFF from 24/11

PLUS that in fact there has never been such a discount that high-it has always like 10-15%.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It is only 20%, french railways SNCF wrote in their newsletter 20%. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

mcadv wrote:

PLUS that in fact there has never been such a discount that high-it has always like 10-15%.

He often does. He never looks up things, always writes from memory (which may be outdated) and doesn't remember much when we correct him.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

mcadv wrote:

He often does. He never looks up things, always writes from memory (which may be outdated) and doesn't remember much when we correct him.

Yeah, providing wrong information (which is mostly so or so almost unreadable because of his writing “style”) and then not responding anymore is his hobby. 
And advising people to take flights in a community for rail travellers is also one of his super ideas every now and then. 

Thank you all for your input!! Tomorrow will be the day!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @plwalker 

The Promo is live! Go and get your Passes :) Interrail Global Pass | Cheapest Train Pass in Europe | Interrail.eu

Have a lovely day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. You may want to change a few things:

1. On the global pass page, a youth 2nd class pass is preselected. On the black Friday page, an adult 1st class pass is preselected. That's inconsistent and confusing.
  2. In my opinion, neither age nor class should be preselected. It's prone to error. People should be forced to make an explicit choice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please note that special conditions apply for the passes on the Black Friday sale. The validity period of the pass must start no later than 1st of May 2023.

Normally mobile passes can be activated up to 11 months after purchase but now there is an exception to this.

@Camilo. Does these mean I can use the 15 day continues pass any 15 days till the pass expires in May? No limit of months here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. Does these mean I can use the 15 day continues pass any 15 days till the pass expires in May? No limit of months here?

It's a 15-day continuous pass. So you can use this promotional pass in any 15-day period; the latest possible start date is May 1st.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. You may want to change a few things:

1. In my opinion, neither age nor class should be preselected. It's prone to error. People should be forced to make an explicit choice.

I have made it very clear to Eurail during one of the user tests that I participated in that it is bad to have a pre selection made as people get confused, and I have even been cases where people have bought 2 passes instead of one, but until now no change has been made. @Jody 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@AnnaB thanks for mentioning this again. I discussed it before with the ones who are responsible and they are aware and thinking how to improve.