Eurail france pass

• 7 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I have purchased a Eurail France pass ( not Eurail global Pass) for 2 days in a month. I plan to travel from Paris to Geneva and return journey (Geneva to Paris). Will this pass allow me to take trains within this route or I need a Eurail Global pass for travelling to Geneva? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The pass is valid until Geneva yes.

For direct TGVs there is a 37€ seat reservation fee in 2nd class so it's better to avoid it.

Take any TGV Paris - Bellegarde and then a TER regional train to Geneva. For TGVs in France there is a limited 10€ seat reservation (then it costs 20€). You can book here or on eurail.com : https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

Thank u for the reply. I am planning to board the train at Geneva airport itself and book seat reservations from Bellagarde . So will I be able to travel from Geneva to Bellagarde without seat reservation? I am comfortable standing for a short distance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations will not be possible to Bellegarde. You will need a separate ticket from Geneva airport to Geneva, but that's only a small distance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Other possibility is to search for busses from the airport to Bellegarde. Maybe they cost less than a Swiss train ticket from Geneva Airport to Geneva. 

Keep in mind that Geneva Airport has two exits, one to Switzerland and one to France. It's at the border.