Solved

Eurail Global Pass usage query

• 2 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I am a first time traveler, so I kindly request all veterans to please guide me a bit

I will be going for a business work to Denmark. After which I will be travelling to Berlin and Paris for a trip of 7 days. If I purchase a Eurail purchase of Europe section for 7days, will I will be able to use the trains from Aalborg to Berlin, Berlin to Paris without buying individual tickets? Also, will I be able to use trains to travel inside Berlin or travel inside Paris for roaming purpose from one place to another with the same pass?

I have another query, Is there any limitation on number of trains/trips I can take in a day using the pass or I can take any number of trains within those 7 days? 

Thanks in Advance

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 2 June 2023, 23:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No limitation on trains on a pass day.

S-Bahn trains are included in Berlin (but not U-Bahn or buses). Nothing is included in Paris. It isn't worth using a pass day for a few S-Bahn rides.

You need to add a 17€ seat reservation for a TGV between Germany and Paris or 32€ for a Thalys between Cologne and Paris.

For your travel it is very likely cheaper to book advance tickets through bahn.com and individual or day tickets in Berlin or Paris. Compare prices to be sure