Eurail mobile pass QR code not accepted at QR code scanner at Paris

Hi, 

We have started using my Eurail mobile pass today at Paris (Paris Montparnasse 1 Et 2) train station. The destination is Rennes with seat reservation. While boarding the train, the ticket inspector scanned the QR code on my Rail Planner app (in both iphone and android), and he said the QR code is invalid. If I remember correctly we enabled this ticket on the app around 1-2 months back. We could only board the train after showing and scanning the QR code of the seat reservation. 

But my next train does not has a seat reservation. Today is the first day and I have 15 more days to travel. How can I get valid QR codes for my tickets? In case the ticket is not valid and I had to buy a new ticket or pay a fine, will Eurail reimburse the pass cost to us ? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did he say why he thought the barcode was invalid? Without that information, it's difficult to give an answer.

If any staff have a problem with the barcode, then they should scroll down. below the barcode all information is available in readable format.

Did you get the barcode just today for the first time, or when you enabled the app 1-2 months ago?

Hi, 

Did he say why he thought the barcode was invalid? → No. We did not ask as well. There was a scanner machine at the entrance to the train platform. Passengers scanned their tickets at the scanner, for us the scanner did not pass our QR code, so we asked a ticket inspector for assistance. As we were able to get though using the seat reservation, we did not investigate further. Next time we will check and provide more details.

Did you get the barcode just today for the first time, or when you enabled the app 1-2 months ago? → We received the QR code 1-2 months back when we initially enabled it. But we everyday connect to wifi and restart the app when needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These gate-acces checks you have to use the REServations-the bar or QR code printed on tickets or on fone. These check if you are on right time/right train etc. There is a signal to staff that they should check also if you have the valid ticket proper-as its some time ago I´ve used this (even though I am now also in FRance and used an overnight yesetrday eve with also acces code for couchette=same method). not sure how thoroughly the later is enforced or even done.