Solved

Eurail Mobile pass seat reservation problem, PassCoverNumber can't get : Paris - Avignon

How long does it take for Eurail Customer service to provide Pass Cover Number for mobile pass?

First time novice holidaying in France.  Bought 2 Eurail Mobile Pass hoping to use for the Paris - Avignon trip planned in late May.  I’m having problem reserving seats using the Eurail App or the Interrail.eu web site, or the RailEurope web site.

There is just no price listed to proceed with the seat reservation.  See screen shot below from Eurail. 

In reading various posts in the forum, it appears having a Pass Cover Number may help to allow to reserve seats.  I emailed Eurail Customer Service some 2.5 days ago, also sent a request through this forum, for 2x PassCoverNumber for our 2x Mobile Pass, but so far, haven’t received any info from Eurail, apart from the (not helpful) generic acknowledgement email that “we’ve got your email”…

If there is Eurail customer service rep on this forum who could provide me Pass Cover Number, that’d be good. thanks.

I’ve already spent hours and hours reading blogs, posts, Eurail, Interrail sites to try reserving and booking.  Didn’t realise the hassle in using Eurail pass.  

icon

Best answer by Sebastian Emil Sørensen 29 April 2022, 08:39

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Leo @Marion could you please supply a pass cover number?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@leo @marion Isn’t there a way to create a pass cover number in the app, without manually contacting support. This same question comes back so often. 

Unfortunately still waiting for my Pass Cover Number and someone in Eurail to contact me.

This is now over 3 days since I first made contact with Eurail. I had used 3 modes of communication to try to contact Eurail: email to customer service, Webform, and posted a question in this forum. 

But No one from Eurail responded, let alone gave me the Pass Cover Number.  Does customer service actually exist in Eurail?

It took between 3 and 4 weeks until I got mine from customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Until a month ago they usually took a few days to respond. And then they were flooded with requests.

3 and 4 weeks for Eurail customer service to respond is bad .  They probably need more staff if flooded with requests, plus improve /provide online functions so that customer can self serve. 

It really defeats the purpose of buying pass early, if one can’t reserve seats in advance.  I suppose it is BUYER BEWARE

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I don't want to alarm you, but I've been looking through this website B-europe for tickets for your connection.

Currently there are only tickets available for the 10:39 train, departure, if you travel with 2 people, in 2nd class.
There are still several trains available in 1st class.

You can also take a TGV to Lyon, and from there with a TER Regional, to Avignon center. No costs.

Thank you to you all for responding and giving me guidance on this post. I appreciate your help. I wanted to provide a bit of updates on my situation. 

Due to the lack of a response from Eurail and unsure whether there’ll be any seats left for Eurail pass holders even if a protracted response is forthcoming in future, we’ve initiated cancellation of our Eurail passes (and coped the 15% Eurail admin cancellation fee), and bought tickets through SNCF directly. 

We paid a bit more for the tickets from SNCF, but this gives us certainty - certainty  that we won’t get from Eurail.  We’re on a tight schedule, travelling from sunny Australia, new to France or Europe. 

Again thank you all for your time. It is good to experience the helpfulness of members in this community. 👍

I’m having exactly the same problem reserving seats with mobile pass either in app or online, it seems impossible to reserve without pass cover number. Is this something you might be able to help with @Nanja?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m having exactly the same problem reserving seats with mobile pass either in app or online, it seems impossible to reserve without pass cover number.

For which trains exactly?

TGV, I can’t reserve seats via the app / online or here https://travel.b-europe.com/ without a pass cover number, which I don’t have for mobile pass. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

How long does it take for Eurail Customer service to provide Pass Cover Number for mobile pass?

First time novice holidaying in France.  Bought 2 Eurail Mobile Pass hoping to use for the Paris - Avignon trip planned in late May.  I’m having problem reserving seats using the Eurail App or the Interrail.eu web site, or the RailEurope web site.

There is just no price listed to proceed with the seat reservation.  See screen shot below from Eurail. 

In reading various posts in the forum, it appears having a Pass Cover Number may help to allow to reserve seats.  I emailed Eurail Customer Service some 2.5 days ago, also sent a request through this forum, for 2x PassCoverNumber for our 2x Mobile Pass, but so far, haven’t received any info from Eurail, apart from the (not helpful) generic acknowledgement email that “we’ve got your email”…

If there is Eurail customer service rep on this forum who could provide me Pass Cover Number, that’d be good. thanks.

I’ve already spent hours and hours reading blogs, posts, Eurail, Interrail sites to try reserving and booking.  Didn’t realise the hassle in using Eurail pass. 

Hi! I just sent you one via private message. Cheers,

@Marion hey, are you able to get me a pass cover number as well? I have sent my order number in PM. 

@Marion can you please cat me a pass cover number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can get the PCN from the PCN generator

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/pass-cover-number-generator-is-live-5653