Eurail Pass Greek Islands

• 12 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone 

I’m looking to travel with my Eurail in July 2023 with these locations

Milos - Paros

Paros - Naxos

Naxos-Mykonos 

with my pass in this order however I cannot find the routes available with the Ferrie websites listed 

please help! 

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 14 February 2023, 10:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A RAILpass is for TRAINs and these will not go to islands, as they need iron rails to run on.

There is/seems to be another offer of a kind of pass that may promise possibly a total lower price to pay for at least 4 GR ferry rides-pr 6 and also incl the longer distance INternat to ITaly-tied to 2 companies that are fairly big but do not serve all islands-you have to check that yourself. PLUS that there are dozens of not that kind or rather disappointed or nasty comments on what this pass delivers in actual practice compared to the always hurraying ads.

Ferries IN GR are mostly still quite strict state-regulated and there are certainly sites that show timings and companies-and possibly even chacne to book to silent the nerves that its ´full´ Most people still do it the old traditional way: buy ticket at quayside or on island from any of the dozens of agents-booking is more for cars or vehicles etc. NO-just as trains in EUR (and seemingly other as those in OZzieland, seeing the many panicking postings) are not fully booked monthes ahead-in fact bookings are not open so far before. But inter-island links tend to be rather sparse and some are (if 2 islands are close by) just for pax and work like a bus: pay when you get on board. GR is also not yet much in this 21th century when it goes on things www-nearly half of its buses are not on.

Usually -remember that old dr google?- the site of the islands will give the normal touristy detials you ask here for.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @andymaybe,

If you have purchased a Eurail Greek Islands Pass, you will be able to hop on those islands by using ferries. Please check the timetable from the Blue Star Ferries on https://www.bluestarferries.com/en-gb/.

Have a nice day 😊