Eurail pass versus Swiss pass versus top of Europe

• 25 July 2022
  • 3 replies

• New aboard
  • 0 replies

Traveling from Prague to Munich, to Zurich, to Lucerne (2 days), to Interlaken (3 full days) to Geneva (4 full days with 1 day to Mont Blanc) to Paris (4 full days with 1 day to Luxembourg) to Barcelona.

my question should I buy all three of the following passes:

europass flex global

Swiss travel pass

top of Europe Jungfraujoch pass?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, all is far too much.
you did not clearly state for when, age of traveller, and if you are willing to tie into advance fixed bookings or not. Nor if you also want to do ample local trips whilst in CH=Swiss-only for then will Swiss pass pay off. Up to Jungfrau will always cost a hell of a lot extra-about same as that magic pass would cost. Late season there might even be better for local discounts-only advertised very locally. More or less samesame for go up White Mountain (Blanc), plus thats in FRance.

It seems you want to go up high mountains-then consider also the highest in DE=germany, Zugspitze, an easy daytrip from München and whilst not cheap as such, the cheapest of the 3!

Reconsider P->B by train in hi-season-that will be a night mare. Fly.

Its also not really a smart itinerary-either skip that LUX or make detour via.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't need the Swiss pass and the Global pass if you only want to travel by train in Switzerland. With the Swiss pass you can also use the yellow Post busses and you have free public transport and free entry to many museums.

Whether you save money by getting the top of Europe pass depends on how much you will travel in the Jungfrau-region. 

You need to do some calculation to see what is most profitable for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Traveling from Prague to Munich, to Zurich, to Lucerne (2 days), to Interlaken (3 full days) to Geneva (4 full days with 1 day to Mont Blanc) to Paris (4 full days with 1 day to Luxembourg) to Barcelona.

my question should I buy all three of the following passes:

europass flex global

Swiss travel pass

top of Europe Jungfraujoch pass?

Only EURAIL and Top of Europe Pass I’d suggest. For what you should need the Swiss travel pass? Don’t get it.