Solved

EUrail transfer

• 6 November 2022
  • 8 replies

I plan on purchasing a 4 train ride in 1 month pass. I only need to travel from Frankfurt- strasbourg and then strasbourg-paris 

there will be a short 6 minute transfer in between so I’m not sure if that would have to include 1 of my 4 train ride passes or if it’s included with my original ticket from the start of first train ride 

any help or input is appreciated 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 6 November 2022, 19:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You have 4 travel days, not 4 train rides. A travel day is 00.00-23.59 CET and on a travel day you can board as many trains as you like. If you board a train before midnight you can stay on that train without using a new travel day. If you board a new train on the arrival day of the night train, then that is a new travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I plan on purchasing a 4 train ride in 1 month pass. I only need to travel from Frankfurt- strasbourg and then strasbourg-paris 

If those are your only travels it will probably be cheaper to buy normal tickets and not a Eurail pass. Especially if you buy the tickets well in advance.

When will you be travelling?

Will be traveling December 6th and then departing December 9th to last destination. 
I noticed they don’t charge for children under 11 and will have my son (11y old) so I figure it would be a cheaper way to travel 

new to international traveling just trying to do it the right and easy way 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Single tickets for both you and your son from Frankfurt to Strasbourg, if bought now, are less than 70 EUR. Children under 15 travel for free in Germany.

The price from Strasbourg to Paris you can check on SNCF. 

If those are your only travels it will probably be cheaper to buy normal tickets and not a Eurail pass. Especially if you buy the tickets well in advance.

When will you be travelling?

Will be traveling December 6th and then departing December 9th to last destination. 
I noticed they don’t charge for children under 11 and will have my son (11y old) so I figure it would be a cheaper way to travel 

new to international traveling just trying to do it the right and easy way 

Single tickets for both you and your son from Frankfurt to Strasbourg, if bought now, are less than 70 EUR. Children under 15 travel for free in Germany.

Wow!! Thank you so much for the information!! Very helpful 

What website is that? I would love to reserve asap 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What website is that? I would love to reserve asap 

That was the DB Navigator app. You can also check on www.bahn.com. Also compare with what's available on the SNCF website.