Solved

Eurorail Flexi Pass with Disneyland

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello Everyone, 

I am travelling to Europe (France, Switzerland & Italy) for 15 days starting from July 7 - July 22 2023. For my trip I am buying a flexi 10 day eurorail pass. 

During my trip my 1st day of euro rail pass would be on 11th July when I will be travelling from Paris to Lucerne. But I will be visiting Disneyland on 10th July and want to avail the euro rail pass discount on the ticket. 

My question is do i need to consume my one day to get this discount at disneyland or just having the pass would be enough to get the discount? 

Please note my first day of euro rail pass (mobile Pass) will be on 11 July so technically that will be the day I will activate it but I will be buying it in few days. 

TIA 

Sidharth 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 24 April 2023, 16:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Activate the pass on 10th July and you can then choose 11th July as your first travel day.

This way it will work for the discount. There's no need to use a pass day, don't worry

Btw the direct TGV into Switzerland has expensive fees : 37€ 2nd class, 70€ 1st class. You can avoid it by taking a TGV to Mulhouse or Strasbourg : 10 or 20€ for both classes. Then any regional train across the border :)

Badge

Hi ,

I’m Shobhana from Hyderabad. We are travelling same places May 29Th to June 10TH.

Since we took eurorail pass should we pay 37? I thought only we need to pay for seats. Please clarify this 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi ,

I’m Shobhana from Hyderabad. We are travelling same places May 29Th to June 10TH.

Since we took eurorail pass should we pay 37? I thought only we need to pay for seats. Please clarify this 

37 EUR is the fee per person for a seat on the TGV from Switzerland to Paris. To save money you better take the reservation free regional train across the French border and then take the domestic TGV to Paris for 10 or 20 EUR per person.

Badge

We are travelling from Paris to Switzerland.

Where we can book these trains? Eurorail app only?