Eurostar times and booking

• 12 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Full steam ahead
  • 36 replies

Hella,

I’m travelling (family of 4) from UK to south of France next May, Saturday 25th. I can see there are tickets from London to Lille and Paris available to book seats now, the train I’d ideally like is the 11.04am from London to Lille. This train is on every Saturday basically until the 25th May when it disappears from the schedule.

My question is therefore:

Do I wait and hope this 11.04 London to Lille train will be included on the schedule closer to the time? Or, do I book one of the other ones in case the spaces sell out. The alternative one that works for us time-wise is the 12.31 London to Paris.

I’d prefer the Lille 11.04 as the timings are better.

I’m conscious that this Saturday is the start of the half term holiday in UK and a Bank Holiday Monday so it might be a busier weekend to travel on that those either side of it.

Thanks for any advice.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 12 October 2023, 11:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes it's safe to assume that the 11:04 train will be added in the coming weeks. You are very early in booking trains, trains are usually added around 4 months before departure and price tends to go down too (but maybe not on a Bank holiday).

I'd wait a few weeks, although not necessarily until the TGV goes on sale (at some point in January probably).

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you. I’ll check back again in  couple of weeks and hopefully purchase in November.

Yes, I think I will use an interrail pass, as I think it will work out pretty much the same or a little cheaper than if I buy separate tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Then with Interrail you have even more flexibility. Even though the train will sell out for passholders at some point, it won't happen before the train costs 160-180€. Of course book in advance to avoid disappointment, booking should open 3 months in advance on interrail.eu but they're already possible on https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish (less booking fee too, 4€ per order compared to 2€ per person per train on interrail.eu)

Don't hesitate to come back :) Btw a 1st class pass doesn't cost much more if you want to treat yourself. You get a small meal onboard Eurostar.