Solved

Extension of my paper pass to use them in my upcoming travel

• 27 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi Eurail Team,

I purchased my tickets back in Feb20 to travel but couldnt because of Covid. The borders are opening up and i would like to exchange my current paper eurail passes to mobile one to use in my upcoming trip. I have tried to call the agent who sold me the tickets, howver found out they have been liqudated. And i have contacted Support and they have asked to wait 48 days. It has been 72 hours with no response. I am travelling to Europe in May and wish to get an extension on my Global passes in order to use them.

I look forward to hearing from you. Linda. 

icon

Best answer by Marion 2 May 2022, 15:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

DID you contact them in first place when that bad news came out after buying? If there has not been any request it may be a very tough job to get any refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Since you're not travelling yet, it's not an urgent request… customer service are very busy.

If they haven't responded by the time you need to leave, you could just buy new mobile passes (which I think must be done anyway) and handle the refunds of the paper passes later. You can then provide your order numbers to customer service to show you did buy new passes.

DID you contact them in first place when that bad news came out after buying? If there has not been any request it may be a very tough job to get any refund.

Yes i did, the travel agent even told me it had been extended. But i just found out when my passes were due to expire, they stopped replying. And called their number to find out they went into liquidation and they asked me to contact Eurail directly. 

Since you're not travelling yet, it's not an urgent request… customer service are very busy.

If they haven't responded by the time you need to leave, you could just buy new mobile passes (which I think must be done anyway) and handle the refunds of the paper passes later. You can then provide your order numbers to customer service to show you did buy new passes.

Im due to travel in 2 weeks. If this is the case, I’ll need confirmation from eurail that if i were to repurchase new Eurail tickets (mobile passes) that they will be able to refund my current unused ticket (if provided a returned address) or options on how to return them. Alternatively I was also going to ask if the train station in Milan/Italy would take the passes and reissue me a new one? Not sure how if it works? Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Lynda,

If you’ve bought the interrail ticket here, I’m afraid that they can’t reissue a new one at the station. In the end the seller is responsible for the product, not the partner railways.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Eurail Team,

I purchased my tickets back in Feb20 to travel but couldnt because of Covid. The borders are opening up and i would like to exchange my current paper eurail passes to mobile one to use in my upcoming trip. I have tried to call the agent who sold me the tickets, howver found out they have been liqudated. And i have contacted Support and they have asked to wait 48 days. It has been 72 hours with no response. I am travelling to Europe in May and wish to get an extension on my Global passes in order to use them.

I look forward to hearing from you. Linda. 

Hi Lynda, I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't travel in 2020 as planned. Our customer service will get back to you to see what refund condition apply to you as the extension of the pass was applicable through 2021 only. Please bear with us, we are experiencing a very high number of requests. Cheers,