Solved

Failure to activate a journey

• 15 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Has there been some kind of IT failure today? I was unable to activate any journeys this morning and afternoon. I still cannot, at 10 pm. Updating the App has lost my trip. This happened at Interlaken and is stii happening af Brig. I need help urgently

icon

Best answer by OldKnotty 20 June 2022, 20:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

An app update was released today (24.0.0) and I've seen many complaints about disappeared passes and trips.

What seems to help is to remove the app and then install it again.

Badge

Thank you for the prompt reply. Re-installing the App did work. It made me create a new Trip, but I could not transfer any existing journeys to the new trip. I have recreated them - international trains mainly for which I have reservations to get me home.

This has been very worrying - as you do not know whether it is going to work. What kind of company changes its software without notice, leaving customers unable to travel, far from home?

A lady at Interlaken West spent ages with me yesterday, trying to get the App to work. I could not contact Customer Services and neither could she! She sold me a ticket to Brig and gave me a letter asking staff here to refund the cost. Great service.

It is great to have you, as volunteers, helping travellers with problems like this. I think that you all should make it clear that Interrail has unreliable IT, under-staffed customer service, and can leave travellers unsupported and really worried a long way from home, with no apparent route home.

Can I make a formal complaint to Interrail? And, do you know how.

Again, thank you for your help

Martin

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can use this form to make a complaint.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Badge

Thank you. When it works, I am finding Interrail very good. When it failed I found it highly worrying. They seem to make it as difficult as possible to contact them.

Martin

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you. When it works, I am finding Interrail very good. When it failed I found it highly worrying. They seem to make it as difficult as possible to contact them.

Martin

They try to force people to read the informations instead of asking “easy questions” via Customer Support. Out of the travelerseason i never had a problem to get a respone within 2days. In Summer and especially this summer (Post Covid, Flashsale of Interrailpasses) they had so much request that they never experienced before. Problem is you cant just hire new staff as this staff have to be trained about the Passsystem.

Badge

Being stuck in Switzerland without a working pass, unable to contact Customer Service to sort this out, goes beyond a simple request with an answer in the FAQs. Not even the lady at Interlaken West could get hold of them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Being stuck in Switzerland without a working pass, unable to contact Customer Service to sort this out, goes beyond a simple request with an answer in the FAQs. Not even the lady at Interlaken West could get hold of them.

Did you manage to get your app working again? If you have Android, you should now have app version 24.0.1. You can claim back any extra costs via customer service, but it will take a while.

Badge

Re-installing the App worked. It knew which days I had been travelling but I had to enter a new Trip, with my forthcoming journey home. This did work, but I was nervous during the whoie process. Going to and around Switzerland with Interrail has been a great experience overall.